Governance & Management
The CRF Governance Board is responsible for:
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the CRF, agreeing specific strategies and devolving implementation of such strategies to the CRF Clinical Director.
- Ensuring that the activities undertaken within the CRF are consistent with the “Approved Usages” are specified in the Wellcome
- Agreement as a broad range of high-quality peer-reviewed patient-orientated research and clinical investigations as approved by the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), conducted by appropriately qualified researchers and staff.
- Overseeing the orderly operation and function of the (SAC) and the CRF Operational Management Team, both of which report their activities to the CRF Governance Board.
- Appointing the SAC and ensuring that its composition is acceptable to Wellcome.
- Approving the CRF Clinical Governance and Risk Management plans
- Supervising and reviewing the general operation of the CRF.
- In conjunction with the SAC, reviewing the Clinical Director’s CRF plans and ensuring their timely implementation.
- Reviewing and agreeing the annual CRF Business Plan and Budget and ensuring sustainability over the medium and long term.
- Reviewing and authorising the issuing of reports and information to the Oversight Board of the Dublin Centre for Clinical Research
- Ensuring that the CRF is meeting its clinical research commitments as part of the Dublin Centre for Clinical Research Network and contributing to the national clinical research infrastructure.
- Promote the CRF as a hub for clinical research within both St James’s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin.
The Governance Board is composed of the following members:
- Professor Michael Gill – Head of TCD School of Medicine, Chair
- Professor Linda Doyle, Associate Dean of Research – Representing TCD Dean of Research
- Ms Mary Day – CEO of St. James’s Hospital
- Professor Padraic Fallon and Professor Seamas Donnelly – Up to two members nominated by the Head of the TCD School of Medicine
- Professor Joe Keane and vacant – Up to two members nominated by the CEO of St. James’s Hospital
- Professor David Newby, University of Edinburgh – Wellcome nominee
- Ms. Deirdre Smith – Health Research Board nominee
- Professor Patrick Murray, UCD – A member external to TCD and SJH
- Mr. Pat Rooney – St. James’s Hospital Patient Representative Group