Donations are used by the CRF to fund a wide range of patient centred clinical research activity not currently funded from other sources. Examples of charity funded activities include:
- Support for innovative pilot studies aimed at demonstrating the viability of a research proposal
- Providing studentships and fellowships to young researchers embarking on a career in clinical research
- Development of innovative education programmes for clinical researchers
- Co funding research with other research charities and funders
- Purchasing of specialised equipment required for clinical research
If you are interested in making a donation to the CRF, please contact the St. James’s Hospital Foundation and ask to make a donation to the Wellcome Trust – HRB Clinical Research Facility at St. James’s Hospital.