There are parking facilities available on-site but where possible it is recommended that public transport be used. Some traffic restrictions may be in operation. No restrictions will apply to emergency vehicles.
To get directions to the hospital by car, please click here
Dublin Bus offers a number of services that stop at the hospital.
- Bus route 123 passes through the hospital grounds and stops near the main entrance.
- Bus routes 40 and 13 stop at the James's Street entrance.
- Bus route 68 stops on the South Circular Road near the Rialto Gate entrance.
For more information see www.DublinBus.ie
The Red Line between Tallaght/Saggart and Connolly Station has three stops adjacent to the hospital.
- The James’s stop is located at the James’s Street entrance.
- The Rialto and Fatima stops are nearby.
- This line also serves Heuston and Connolly Stations.
For more information see www.Luas.ie
Heuston Station is a 10 minute walk or one stop along the Luas Red Line.
For more information see www.Irishrail.ie
A taxi rank services the James's Road entrance of the hospital.
The hospital also has a number of free phone taxi courtesy phones in the main concourse, the discharge lounge area and the Emergency Department.
There are numerous secure bicycle parking areas on site.
In addition, there is a Dublin Bikes Station outside the main entrance to the hospital.
For more information see www.DublinBikes.ie